Sunday, February 5, 2017

Chimeras, Hybrids, and Monsters




For the Chimeras piece, I wanted a variety of characters with some of them in the sky and some on land to make it more realistic.  I chose a desert background for the Chimera and added a rock to add more depth to the photo.  I carefully chose characters that already had a white background and used the magic eraser to ensure a clean looking final product.  I resized the Chimeras to make them look proportional. When I added the rock I chose to make that larger to stand out in the desert.




          For the Hybrid piece, I chose unique and interesting Characters that would stand out.  I intentionally picked hybrids that were of two completely different species, but with similar colors.  For example, the cat/fish are two species that are as different as I could think, but the colors make it look somewhat realistic. I chose a nature scene with a wooded background so all of these interesting animals can explore the woods together. 
When Resizing the Hybrid characters I made them all about the same size except for the banana bird which is a bit bigger because I wanted it to be noticed between the trees. The rabbit/duck is larger than the rest because I wanted to imply that it is very large (even though it is in the background).  To imply the cat/dog is behind the tree, I removed the bottom of the tree to place the half cat/dog in the location then pasted the tree over top of the creature in a new layer. I also removed the middle tree closes to the right front so the banana bird would stand out.





For the monster piece I wanted to challenge myself with a different type of background.  I selected a swap background so the monsters look more realistic.  Likewise, I chose monster characters that would fit with the background, except for the one eyed green monster who works is on land instead of in the swamp.  My method for resizing the monsters is similar to the other pieces.  The monsters that are closer the front are larger and the ones that are toward the back of the landscape are smaller to show perspective.  I tried a new tool in Photoshop called “liquefy” to add some swirl effects to the water.  This helped to give the illusion of movement within the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment